16 Apr 2010

Results of my scrap-a-thon....

SO here are three layouts i have been working on for a while - months for some! As I wasn't sure I liked two of them and then just went with it anyway as all I had to do was glue and I was having a creative block last night (at 1 am!) The above layout is one I have had in mind for a while. I like the word mooch! The paper is 7gypsies and I love their grungy papers as they lend themselves to lots of diff colours and patterns and lots of inking - my fav! I also used my fav Martha Stewart stamp to border my photo - it really sets the photos off. I like using ribbon on layouts. I have a whole shoe box full of random bits and bobs from Christmas and birthdays and our wedding invites! This second layout is a homage to our long standing annual Jones parties in Hodnet. We usually end up playing pass the parcel with dares and so these are some shots of the dares. I used glimmer mist and then tried to double up the title to resonate - double dare! The writing does show up when it is in good light. I like the little rosette. I wanted to scrap this father of the bride pic from my wedding and felt this paper was fitting for the colour scheme. My biggest regret is that I didn't mat the ribbon on a plain colour card to make the title pop, but I glued it and so it was too late. Quite minimalist on the embellies as the cardstock is so patterned and loud.

1 comment:

  1. Mooch is my fave page! i love love love the thickers and really like the way you've tied the ribbon in a bow at the top.I love the ska background too! The wouldn't dare page made me laugh...plus the journalling about flash is hilar! x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of the comments - they fuel my blog. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...