24 Apr 2010

That's my boy...

Another layout I have been playing with for months. I was getting a bit tired of the purple and turquoise cardstock so was loving this alpha background (can't remember the make, I am rubbish about remembering makes and ranges) The journalling is on a beer mat I got at a pub in York (I went round every table swiping them all - magpie moment!!) I bordered it in ribbon so it looked a bit like a rossette. I clustered these embellies and added a bit of bling to the layered flower. The sticker matches the journalling about his gran crying all day long at our wedding!
I went for a monocrome title as I thought it was best to keep it simple with the busy background. I matted it on the heart ribbon - which I have used throughout my wedding scrapping because it was left over from the invites.
This is a lovely pic as his grandparents mean so much to him and I love how his gran is grinning so proudly at him. I back it on the dictionary print backing paper to co-ordinate with the background cardstock.
Here is an "arty" shot with our cake topper. Funny isn't it??
I was really pleased with this layout. I feel as though I am getting my mojo back. The hubster is off camping with the boys this wkend so if I can put off marking my Y12 course work longer I may make a few more LO's. I know its sunny out...but...you can't play out on your own! :(

1 comment:

  1. I love this alpha paper, it is the cutest! also think your hexagonal a is pretty arty and like the fact you used the ribbon from the wedding for it. x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of the comments - they fuel my blog. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...