3 Jul 2010

Doing the double...

I am not referring to Wimbledon or the world cup instead the double is my layout. I was inspired by this sketch from here and got the idea for title from the lyrics of this weeks scrapping the music challenge. I have done double layouts in the past but it always * seems * like more work, however I had loads of pics from a recent trip to my parents and so used them and am very pleased with the results. Here is the complete finished product: I stamped the title and then used some lettering to emphasise the words home and belong and it was from an SEI set which co-ordinated with the polka dot runner. My trustee Martha Stewart border punch edged the middle panel. I also stamped flowers all along the top and bottom to jazz up the kraft cardstock, I then embossed a few with glittery powder to make them stand out.
You may notice that in the above pic I added a "tail" to my L as I felt it looked funny as it was...but I am a bit tired and so didn't bother to retake all the pics.
I used a few journalling spots and a date stamp to add some details about the weekend. I also added a polka dot button in the middle of the three flowers - gotta love the polka dots!

So I urge you all to have a go at a double layout as it is great for multi photos and for stretching your supplies. My next post will be a closer look at my LO for scrap that poetry - it's another great challenge and a poem that I chose as it was read out at my wedding, so give it a go...

7 comments:

  1. I love this double layout, love the colours you've used against the kraft cardstock. The flowers look great, especially the glitzy embellished ones. I like this song - he's an american idol winner - I've just downloaded his album! I like your purple and green lettering and the polka dot paper and the martha border punch adds perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great double page, i think i have done one in my scrapping history i think they are so hard lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout looks great! I am actually finishing up the same challenge. Funny enough I am using the same sketch too! Hopefully, I'll have it done by tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome layout! what stamps did you use for that title? i love them! this doesn't seem like your usual style but I like it very much, it's a cool lyric to use and I like the flowers to compliment the pics! am loving your scrapfest! now show me some blog love too! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is GORGEOUS Mel!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the photos and the flowers!! Thanks for playing with Scrapping the Music and Sketchy Thursdays!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally love your 2 pager!! Absolutely fantastic!!! Love the glittery flowers!! Thanks for joining in the fun at STM!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! I aleways have a hrd time doing doubles ;)
    Loving all those photo's and the techniques you've used!Gorgeous!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at SCrapping The Music!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of the comments - they fuel my blog. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...