30 Aug 2010

Stripping in Malta...

So in a desperate attempt to get my mojo back and start scrapping my holiday pics I had a go at this challenge. I have been wanting to try a page like this for a while with lots of strips of paper and ribbon and it was made even easier as I had a new kit specifically about travel to use. I was also inspired by this fab layout by Jen Naulls. I liked the title done on three lines like this with the name in the middle cropped for emphasis. Here is how I spent my bank holiday monday....
On a gorgeous walk round Ingleborough Waterfall trail. It was good to get out and go on a nice long hike. My personal highlight was the hot choc and homemade carrot cake at the little cafe half way round. I had a baking spree at the weekend and made some simple vanilla cupcakes with a variety of different types of frosting for the kids I teach at church. All of the frosting was the hummingbird vanilla buttercream recipe but I added other ingredients. Yellow was lemon rind, juice and a few drops of yellow food colouring topped with a blueberry, blue had coconut and a few drops of blue colouring and pink was just vanilla with pink colouring and sprinkles. Amazingly both the boys and girls favoured the pink!!!
The picture is a bit hazy as it was taken on my camera phone (as they all are now our real camera is broken!!) You should have a go it was really easy and simple..and yummy....

3 comments:

  1. love your layout, Mel. So glad you could play along. I loved St Pauls when I was there. We were next town along, Buguibba. thanks for playing along with us at scrapwhispers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great way to use those AC papers, I might have a go myself. Lovely page, and thanks for having a go at our Scrap Whispers challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that Mel - the strips work perfectly. Thanks for the links, and thanks for joining in the SW challenge!
    Rosey x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of the comments - they fuel my blog. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...