1 Oct 2010

Scraption time!!

So I was on a roll last weekend and have been v.busy all week and not managed to actually photograph them. My best scrap time is now Saturday night whilst MOTD is on. This page is a scraplift from this fab lady's blog...I picked an old photo as the style of the page is quite vintagey. I clashed more than I normally would, but as I was scraplifting I just went for it. The journalling reads: They dropped me on my head, slobbered on me and hugged me. Sisters! I completed this layout of one of our holiday pics of Malta using the challenge on Mission to Create. You had to include these concepts:- Deborah: Sheet Music - I put a strip in Jocie: Decorative Scissors or Edge Punch - my Martha Stewart butterfly punch Nicole: Shiny Things - glitter glue and a button Vanessa: Rub On Alpha's - the Lazy days title Leeann: At least 3 funky bright Cardstocks - the photo doesn't show it well, but I used orange, yellow, green and turquoise
Lastly, my fav of the three layouts, the lads at our wedding. I have had this page in various stages throughout the month and then ran out of glue and had to wait for the glimmer mist to dry. I wanted to include lots of layers and embellies. I did an acrylic paint edged border which makes it pop. I gutted the cardstock so that I could use it to border the picture. I even used a peg to attach some of the embellies to the layout. The mates title was stamped in acrylic paint too.
Well it is tipping it down with rain and we are off to Pizza Express in Leeds on a works night out - it should be fun but I am feeling quite shattered so hope I will be good company. Our work nights out are usually a really good laugh with lots of gossip shared and funny stories.
What are your plans...?
Thanks for stopping by. x

3 comments:

  1. Hiya Mel,
    Great LO's - I should think you've been really busy scrapping away.
    My little one's are tucked up in bed so I'm off to the kitchen to have some crafty time [doesnt happen very often]
    Have a great weekend - Ju xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. they definitely get better as you go down! I like the lazy days one with the orange ribbon and the colours contrast well together. The last one is very striking - I love the glimmer mist scalloped papaer. All I'll say about the first one is your love of using animals shines through! (owl take two!) Just joking. Me and Mum had a good time at the wedding show today and got goody bags full of free stuff. Its raining here too. We're off to a 4 star hotel tomorrow night in Canary wharf so we can watch the x-factor in comfort! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowee!! love all 3 pages, honoured to be lifted!! Answer to your question, hand cut. The alphas are on the B side of a piece of Studio Calico paper, love it!! Hope you have a glorious weekend, I didn't get a sleep in SURPRISE SURPRISE, NOT lol

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of the comments - they fuel my blog. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...