21 Apr 2011

Skinny love...

Ohhh I posted my previous post on facebook and have had loads more pageviews...perhaps I shouldn't keep my little blog all to myself and other scrappers. I sometimes worry that it is a bit geeky to non-scrappers and think they will percieve me as a wierdo who sits in her spare room cutting out flowers and hearts...does anyone else think this? So anyways back to my "geeky" scrapping. I tried two new techniques on this page: 1) Using lace cardstock as a mask and misting with two different colours. The result of which I am totally loving - a lot more interesting than just using the lace cardstock. 2) Julie Kirk's cute little cartoon style stamping technique. I have not described it well so check it out here. I didn't do a strip as I didn't really have space. I also don't have any cute little stamps of people, so had to settle for a squirrel as it's all I had, but it did fit in well with the layout. This is completed using part of the lyrics from Aerosmith's Livin' On the edge for Scrap it with a Song challenge. In my teens I was a big Aerosmith fan and I remember distinctly using one of their albums on random to decide which boy I should go out with. Ahh the innocence of youth! And the joy of having options! If I don't get to blog anymore over the weekend HAPPY EASTER to all my followers and readers of my blog. Hope you all get lots of exciting treats from the easter bunny - check out my previous post for a great easter cookie recipe.

5 comments:

  1. Cute squirrel!! What a nice stamp. Thanks for letting me know you tried my idea.

    And yes - you shouldn't worry about your scrapping geekiness because [a] Geek is good and [b] I tweeted about scalloped heart dies today [+ even though I wonder what my non-scrapping friends must think] I've lived to tell the tale.

    Julie :-)

    p.s: I too was a teenage Aerosmith fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great page! thank you for joining us over at Scrap it with a song!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Thanks for playing at Scrap it with a Song! Lovely page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Mel - you've won the Fiona Cairns cupcakes - can you email me at the address on my blog with your address so we can send you the cakes asap!
    Congrats and enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful page.... love the colours and misting silhouettes... thanks for joining in the chorus at Scrap It With A Song! (Yes, comment is late, but we're going through some changes..... do come over and see us now!)
    hugs,
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of the comments - they fuel my blog. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...