19 Apr 2011

Stars in their eyes...

So fellow bloggers I had all these great pics of a fancy dress party I went to in early March, but felt they needed something special to scrap them - really bright and striking. So I completed a double layout using this sketch. Below I went crazy with the stamps as I have so many great ones and I rarely use them. I enjoyed making this pattern to border my layout. I also sliced the pic to replicate all the little pics from the sketch. I then emphasised some with pop dots and contrasting colours of cardstock. The second part of the layout I used gesso and masked the title. Although I forgot my own (Tessa's!) little tip of sticking the letters to my jeans first and so they peeled off a bit of the paper too, but it kind of adds to the shabby chic look. I feel this layout should be embellished a bit more, but I was running low on inspiration and everything I added just clashed or looked silly so...this is it. In other news since the weather is usually so overcast in England we headed to the historic and beautiful York for a wonder on Monday and he actually let me take some pics * yay * So I had to really make the most of it and climb the historic walls and strike a pose. There are about thirty of these, but I will spare you all! Well he *let* me take the pic, but smiling clearly wasn't in the bargain! My icecream was toffee honeycomb - yum! In fact today we also had a mini adventure in the sun and took lots of snaps...so more to come later! Thanks for looking and for your much appreciated comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all of the comments - they fuel my blog. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...