10 May 2011

Doing the wrong things...for all the right reasons!

Welcome scrappers and bakers! Today I have something for everyone. Ha! Above is a layout using our one year anniversary pic (or rather pic from that weekend as we went away) This layout consists of two magpie moments - a coaster from a cafe in Bruges and a little booklet thing from the clothes shop Hollister that I used for an extra pic (of our wedding day a year ago from then) and the journalling. I used a triangle for the embellishments (thanks for the prompt Shimelle!) The second layout I completed in conjunction with National Scrapbooking day uses patterned paper for the backing paper. I blinged it up with plenty of buttons, brads and sequins. It didn't take long, but I think its quite effective. Lastly at the weekend I went to a baby shower. I made lemon cupcakes using the recipe from Hummingbird. They had lemon frosting which I tried to dye blue, but it looked more like grey. I prettied them up with homemade toppers and blue sprinkles. Any suggestions on good blue food colouring? An arial shot... That's all for now folks!

3 comments:

  1. Hiya Mel,
    I'm back in the land of blog - yippee, thanks for your comments, I've just realised that this is the first layout that I've featured in, it's a bit sad really but I am one of those people that hate having my photo taken [although I've got another layout to upload tomorrow and oddly I feature in that one too]
    I love your layouts and what a great idea to add things like a coaster - I'm going to have to try that. The cakes look great - I only wish I had your talent [I can back but I cant decorate]
    Have a great week - Ju xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your pages! the stripes and spots on your anniversary page and how you blinged up the second page, I love the different fonts and colours you used for the title too. your cupcakes look cute and the toppers are great! i'm still waiting for a chance to scrap all the easter pics! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cupcake toppers and the polka dot borders of your page with the little hollister frame!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of the comments - they fuel my blog. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...