21 Jun 2011

A stitch in time...

I just can't resist a bad pun - sorry! So Sketchy Thursday's it's been far too long and so I felt I would give you a whirl again.
Here is the sketch:

 And here is what I created...

I am still getting good mileage out of my Saltburn-by-the-Sea pics and especially the sunset ones. What I liked about this sketch was that you could use little pics which may not be scrap worthy on their own, but help tell the story and add more interest.
A few things I did on this layout that I haven't tried or done for a while:
* Hand stitched all the way round the circle. This took quite a long time. Probably why I don't do it very often, and you can't really see it clearly in the pic but trust me it adds texture and interest to the circle.
* For the squares I just stamped a mini stamp pad down hard to create the gold and purple squares. An easy and effective little technique. I also inked the edges of the photos to make them pop.

All in all a pleasing layout and a great sketch - thanks!

In other news my husband was feeling left out of the blog action so we have made our own blog called Ide and Seek ('scuse the terrible pun! It was his idea!) We are including all sorts of features like funny pics, songs, videos and recipes to go on over and check it out.

5 comments:

  1. What a great take on the sketch! I really like how you used the little square elements on this page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun page.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveeeeeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the photos and that title work! Thanks sooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute pics!! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketchy Thursdays! Good luck with hubby's new blog!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of the comments - they fuel my blog. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...