30 Aug 2011

Half page challenge...Monterey style

I have been an errant blogger but creative things have been happening every day. You may recall I was waiting on a bumper delivery from snapfish and was trying to scrap without the photos. It wasn't totally successful as some of the layouts didn't quite gel with the pics. One of the more successful attempts was completed (or started at least!) using Shimelle's half page challenge. I know I am too late for the prizes, she did a fab list of challenges but I was only just back from California when the challenges were due in. I may work backwards on a few more though as I am struggling to start my layouts at the mo.

Sorry the picture is a bit blurred - I think it would be better if you clicked on it. Quite a simple layout. I love map paper and got a bunch of it at Michael's in the US - my sister and I loved the scrap shops and found the funniest one where they have this section for husbands with television, car manuals and mags and big comfy chairs - Arne loved it in there!
How cute is my new lettering and mini doilies - also US purchases!



5 comments:

  1. Hiya Mel,
    I'm so glad that I've found you again, you see in a moment of madness I felt like a change and deleted my blog, I didnt think about making a note of all my bloggy friends and so I've been trying to find everyone the last couple of days. I've set up a new blog and have lots of things to share.
    I hope you had a fab time on your hols, I'm off to watch your slideshows.
    Have a great evening - Ju xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Layout! Those 'lil doilies are so, so cute!!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen a scrapbooking store with a 'men's area' - would love to, though!
    I'm loving that map paper, too! Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving your patterned paper! great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes the mini doily is super cute! and I'm loving the starry border too!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of the comments - they fuel my blog. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...