18 Jan 2012

Fun with my new fiskars...

Picture the scene:
A cold, windy,  miserable winter evening.
Bored, so you're trawling fb looking for some goss.
And a certain Shimelle post alerts me to some fiskars punches ending soon.
So I get involved in a bidding war..
And come out triumphant.
Now I am having fun creating layouts with my new toys.
I admit I had to youtube how to use it.
But now I am a pro.
Sort of.
I wish it didn't make holes in the shapes it punches out so you could use them too.
Here's what I made:


This is a thrifty layout and here is how to copy it:-

1) I used a leftover kraft envelope and just cut five squares out of it.

2) Then I backed each square in map cardstock and even some leftover Christmas wrapping paper.

3) I matted the middle pic and then doodled a border on the other two pics.

4)I used letter stickers for the title.

5) I stapled on some ribbon (also left over from Christmas)

6) I used a border sticker

7) I stepped back and admired it!

So have a go - get out that square cutter.

I will count this as my recycled layout and I also designed a sketch for it before hand.
I love that I am meeting my scrapping resolutions cos I certainly ain't meeting my healthy eating ones!

2 comments:

  1. did you use the fiskar to cut out the little squares, looks really effective, love the colours and the title, the red and white border looks like danger tape- and that would be appropriate! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi . . just wondering . . . are you a Fiskateer? I'm a founding lead Fiskateer. I see you love your Fiskars tools. We have a ton of fun at www.fiskateers.com/blog. As leads we do giveaways, challenges, inspiration, ideas as well as the Fiskateers you have your own gallery, there are on-line crops and more. Love this and love the way you used your punches!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of the comments - they fuel my blog. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...