25 Nov 2012

Messy Mondays: Jars of fun with American Crafts!

 When first faced with a 12 by 12 sheet with a bold and fussy pattern I used to stroke it admiringly, but not really use it as I found the pattern daunting. However lots of Shimelle stalking has taught me that you fussy cut and use it for embellishments instead.
This layout uses lots of layers and lots of details cut from Studio Calico and American Crafts 6 by 6 pads. I used lots of washi tape to embellish and bakers twine. I stamped the title onto the American Crafts jar.




 How do you handle fussy papers?

3 comments:

  1. I think the majority of my layouts are with patterned backgrounds. i find it harder using a plain background!! I like how you have used lots of different patterns x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cutting works really nicely here, and I admire your skill! I tend just to put them at the bottom of the pile but could clearly learn a thing or three from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the map on this page, and the jar and the tag are cute!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of the comments - they fuel my blog. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...