4 Oct 2013

Foodie Friday: Oreo Rocky Road Recipe

Do you love marshmallows?
Do you love oreos?
Do you love chocolate?
Do you love a bit of crispy goodness?
 Well then, since I have your attention, perhaps you would enjoy some rocky road?
First up a photo step-by-step.


Stir and put in pan to set

Enjoy!
What I love most about the recipe is the versatility...you can add any kinds of biscuits, nuts, marshamallows and chocolate bars and can be adapted for the seasons or for your favourite flavours. Triple toasted coconut rocky road? Halloween themed orange snickers and oreo rocky road? Festive triple peppermint rocky road?
My recipe is adapted from the above ones on my sisters' blog.

Snickers & Oreo Rocky Road:

Makes 16 bars



185g crushed Oreos

100g galaxy cookie crumble or cadbury's oreo creme filled chocolate


150g marshmallows

185g Rice Krispies

450g Your preferred choice of eating chocolate (I used Dairy Milk, galaxy and some cheaper varieties I had in the baking cupboard)

2 tsp vegetable oil



For decoration:

handful of crushed oreos, marshmallows and cookie crumble



Break the Oreos and cookie crumble into cubes.  Chop up marshmallows (I used mini marshmallows so didn't have to do this step).  Measure out Rice Krispies and set everything aside. Reserve a small handful of each for decoration.



Melt the eating chocolate and oil together in a glass bowl set above a pan of boiling water.  



Once it is completely melted, set aside to cool for 10 minutes.  Turn flame down to low and heat the pan of water gently.



Add all the other ingredients into the bowl of chocolate and mix together.



Transfer into a pre greased baking pan.




Sprinkle the reserved goodies on top and press down.


Refrigerate for one hour or until firm, cut and serve and enjoy.


Above is evidence they were enjoyed by all!

What flavours would you put in your rocky road?
---------------------------------------------------
Don't forget Storytelling Sunday on (yep, you guessed it) Sunday!
The first in my new 'Mini Mondays' series about using tags and PL cards in mini albums


3 comments:

  1. I thought I liked the sound of a Halloween themed one until I read "peppermint": that would definitely be my favourite.

    Thanks for the shout out for Storytelling Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh your recipe sounds good. I made rocky road for the first time this year..digestives,...marshmellows and coconut. The recipe i used had syrup in it too..yours has oil. Will be trying it with oreos next !! x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of the comments - they fuel my blog. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...