21 Oct 2013

Mini Memory Mondays: Customising tags


Hi, hi, hi on this dry and autumnal Monday (in Yorkshire at least) this is the third installment of my mini series Mini Memory Mondays and this week we will be focusing on how to customise tags to use them as embellishments, titles or for journalling.

First technique: washi tape. This is such an easy way to make the tag co-ordinate with your layout as if you are anything like me you have a range of different coloured washi tapes to use. This can also be a cheap option as you can use tags from your clothes and use the washi tape to cover up any slogans or prices. I always keep pretty tags to use in projects. This photo is really precious as it is of my mother when she was really young and it is rare and very cute. I love the pop that the gold glitter thickers gives to the mainly monochrome and pink layout. I just layered scraps of paper to form a photo mat, punched out some hearts, hand cut the 'mom' from patterned paper, inked all the edges and then fixed a paperclip to hold all the layers together. The washi tag adds a bit of interest.


Second technique: stamp on your tags to form a title or caption for your photo. This photo is back to my newborn little man and is all about how snuggly he was in hospital in the hand knitted cardigan from my friend's mother. Tips for stamping would be to practice first on scrap paper and to make sure that the edges don't come out on the layout.


Similarly this small page from his mini book is a repurposed tag that i got from the lovely Amy Tangerine, when I ordered one of her grab bags, I coloured the stamped image in with water colour pencils and then made the title 'SNOOZE' in alternate blue and red ink to co-ordinate with the backing paper.


  Similarly I have stamped the whole word 'Hello' for this mini page:-



A tag also makes a great photo mat - especially when placed at an angle:-


Last technique:- use stickers to personalise a tag. I used letter stickers and a sentiment sticker to create this long title all about how The Baby will follow in The Belgian's footsteps with his footy obsession.


Similarly the 'my biggest fan' sticker made the perfect caption/title for this mini page picture on my mom asleep with The Baby. She hates this picture and made me promise not to post in on Facebook and so I put in on instagram instead as she doesn't have it! Sneaky huh? And now I am featuring it on my blog...she'll be so proud!
 

How do you like to use tags on your pages? 

3 comments:

  1. Cute stuff! You have got me wanting to hunt out my Slice design card that cuts tags and make one or two..or three..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super projects Mel, Tags are one of my favourite things to use on layouts x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all lovely ideas, and I'd not thought of using washi tape on store tags - I have only just taken delivery of my first washi tape package! Thank-you for these ...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of the comments - they fuel my blog. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...