9 Dec 2013

December Daily: Weekly round up


I'm very excited to be participating in Ali Edward's December Daily. I have admired these albums in the past but not had the time or patience to participate. It is ironic that with a newborn I have more time to craft than I did when I was teaching full time.
Is anyone else a bit scared about front covers? It sets the tone for your whole project so it needs to be a real showstopper. I heat embossed the '2013' and our surname and then used a gold sticker saying 'family' the rest of the background was created using washi tape and patterned paper.

I will now share my first week:
Day 1: no pictures so I just journalled about what I thought our Christmas would be like this year and bullet pointed some of the things we were most looking forward to as a family.



Day 2: A big black and white picture with a heat embossed sentiment and then some 'A Beautiful Mess' and Simple Stories journalling cards embellished with sequins and washi tape.


Day 3: A festive hot chocolate and stollen danish at a cafe with friends and on the other page some more extensive journalling about the last few days as there is only so much you can fit on a journalling card. Note that the 2013 title was created by accident from the negative for the title page - as I peeled the letter stickers off I liked what was left behind.


Day 4: a picture of the craft class I ran (complete with comic Santa hats courtesy of picmonkey my free go to photo editing site. I used some glitter glue to create the star and the tree is the negative from a punch.


Day 5: swimming lessons and decorating the tree. There is a photo missing here as it was the sepia one of the three of us in front of the tree - but I swiped it for the front cover - so I will either print it out again or find another picture from that day.


Day 6: about The Belgian's love of mince pies and a festive photo of The Baby - more embossing and plenty of holly print washi tape.
Day 7: a family outing to the garden centre to look at the twinkling lights and trying out our 'new' sling too.


I have enjoyed creating a bit every night, once The Baby is asleep, and think that I might quite enjoy Project Life as it seems more doable than a 12 by 12. Some days I just altered the journalling cards and so you can do as much or as little as you want.
The biggest challenge has been getting the pictures every day as our printer is useless and the ink costs a fortune. I have been using a mixture of instax and printing some SLR pictures out at Boots.

Are you December Dailying it?

3 comments:

  1. Not this year. No, I'm not. But the ones I've done in the past are some of my favourite scrapbooking and so I'm cheering you on to finish up this lovely album so you'll have it to enjoy for ever

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, yours looks so detailed and great! Great job(esp.on the front cover!) ;)

    http://www.ourlifeisbeautiful.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's it now Mel....you'll have to complete one of these every December. A record for the little man. Your album looks gorgeous. It's the one project of the year that I love. I'm comtemplating PL too for 2014 x x p.s I tend to send my photo's off for printing because of the cost.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of the comments - they fuel my blog. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...