31 Mar 2014

Printing Instagrams at home for Project Life


I feel as though I am finally finding my style with Project Life. I love the little pockets and using little pictures the most - they are so cute and easy to fill and embellish. The folder type is design F and is perfect for little instagram pics and camera phone pics. Plus it has one 4 by 6 pocket for a larger size photo  - if you manage to use your big camera during the week/month.

I used mostly the 'Midnight' range of Project Life cards. I love this range as I find it so easy to co-ordinate and love all of the little phrases. The phrases are often the perfect prompt for journalling. I used red and yellow as my accent colours as it went well with the colours in the photos and 'popped' against the black and white tones of the Midnight cards.

The photos are a mix of days out shopping and eating out as well as including the more domestic shots of The Belgian napping with The Baby and some weaning shots too - this is where your camera phone really comes into play as you can capture the everyday moments like these. I also love the Simple Stories currently card as I was able to get in details like what we were watching and listening to, these will be the fun details to look back on and especially for The Baby to look back on. I used to love it when my parents got out their photo albums and cassette and record collections out for us to look at.  Beach Boys will always remind me of my childhood and I hope that by recording these little details Ellis will be able to explore our interests when he is older.

The main source of embellishment was washi tape, some Studio Calico flair, Studio Calico wood veneer and the stamps from the Copper Mountain kit. I also added some twine around the bottom photo and an enamel dot to add some texture.

I found this really useful tutorial on how to print instagram pictures off at home over at Callaloo soup and I now refer to it at least one a week when I want to print another batch off. I love that instaport gives you the option to print off other people's photos that you have liked or be hashtag, as we use the same hashtag for all of our baby pictures. It is a great website. 




In other news we had a lovely Mother's Day weekend here and I will share some pictures soon of the thoughtful little gifts.
How was your Mother's Day weekend? 

1 comment:

  1. It was a pretty good weekend here, thanks :)

    Those little pictures are really cute

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of the comments - they fuel my blog. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...