18 Nov 2014

Cake smash step by step layout


So what is more shocking - that I have blogged every day in November so far or that I produced an actual scrapbook layout?

Bit of both I guess. But I had some time on my hands (umm...not really) and love, love, love this photo from the Baby's first birthday (which I still need to blog about actually!) of his cake smash. He really got involved. I love the pose and the wrinkled nose and the conviction of this shot.

He is his mother's son for sure.

I was also inspired by the gorgeous layers on this layout and so I cracked out a 12 by 12 pad and got building.

I started with this bright yellow polka dot print as it reminds me of the sunshine that day...


I built some layers with other papers and washi tape and a day of the week sticker.


I repeated the date stamp and the 'SO SWEET' stamp in alternate black ink and coloured ink.


I inked all of the edges to make it pop and built some more texture in with the wood veneers.


I added the photo with pop dots and built some more layer by cutting the sentiment out of a 12 by 12 sheet.



I added a banner and the number 1 in blue polka dot - both cut out from one of his birthday cards.



There you have it a layout created in about thirty minutes and I might be reverting back. Or switching it up a bit more. After all you can't create such impressive layers in Project Life can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all of the comments - they fuel my blog. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...